If you’re looking to exercise your charitable muscles as 2013 draws to a close, consider helping out your neighbors in need.
Andersonville’s Toy Drive for Care for Real is ongoing between November 23 through December 13. Last year Care for Real provided presents for more than 600 families!
You can drop new, unwrapped toys at these locations:
- The Coffee Studio, 5628 N. Clark
- The Landmark of Andersonville, 5245 N. Clark
- Foursided Custom Framing Gallery, 5061 N. Clark
- Toys Et Cetera, 5311 N. Clark
Toys Et Cetera will also match your donation – for every toy you purchase at Toys Et Cetera for the Toy Drive, the store will donate an additional toy. You can get a 10% discount by shopping during Late Night Andersonville on December 6th between 6pm and 10pm.
And if you’re planning on attending the St. Lucia festivities at the Swedish American Museum on December 13th, admission is either $1, a can of food, or a toy for the toy drive.
Also please consider giving to the 40th Ward Annual Food Drive. You can drop unopened, non-perishable food items at the ward office at 5850 N. Lincoln between now and December 16th. Suggested food items include:
- Canned or dry mix soups
- Boxed dinners such as Hamburger Helper
- Canned meats, fish, stews, beans, etc.
- Canned vegetables, cooking sauces, etc.
- Packaged dry goods such as rice, pasta, stuffing, boxed potatoes, baking mixes, etc.
- Breakfast foods such as cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix, syrup, etc.
- Juice or fruit drinks in cans or plastic containers (Ocean Spray, etc.)